Thomas Mueller (R) of Bayern Munich vies with Tin Jedvaj of Bayer 04 Leverkusen during the Bundesliga soccer match between Bayer 04 Leverkusen and FC Bayern Munich at BayArena Stadium in Leverkusen Nike Vapormax Flyknit Triple White , Germany on April 15, 2017. The match ended with a 0-0 draw. (XinhuaJoachim Bywaletz)

In pics: tea garden in central China's Henan

Peach blossoms on terrace fields in Guyuan, NW China's Ningxia

Aerial photos of Huairou District of Beijing

Stewardesses for high-speed train take part in training program in Harbin

Aerial view of Medog highway in SW China's Tibet

Scenery of Hani terraced fields in SW China's Yunnan

Aerial view of farmland scenery in SW China's Yunnan

Wild giant pandas seen in northwest China

Giant thangka, religious silk embroideries and paintings, on the mountains behind Drepung Monastery in Lhasa, capital of the Tibet autonomous region, attract thousands of people on Tuesday to mark the traditional Shoton Festival.[Photo by Li Zhou For China Daily]

Thousands of people celebrated the unrolling of the thangka - a giant religious silk embroidery - to kick off the start of the Lhasa Yogurt Festival on Tuesday.

Accompanied by the sound of horns reverberating through the valley Nike Vapormax Triple White , monks slowly unrolled the thangka on the mountainside behind the Drepung Monastary in the capital of the Tibet autonomous region at about 8 am.

"I have seen thangka in Qinghai before. But I was still totally shocked when I saw such a giant thangka today," said Cui Lingrui, a student from Nanjing University.

Both tourists and locals woke early, and some even stayed up through the night to visit or worship here, said a monk who declined to give his name.

Restaurant owner Nyima Butri closed her business on Tuesday to take part in the festivities.

"I got up at 4 am this morning and I arrived here around 6 am by walking," she said. "In order to have good luck, we all wear new clothes on this hopeful day."

One of the most popular in Tibet Nike Vapormax Flyknit Off White , the seven-day festival, also called the Shoton Festival, is celebrated annually in August, or the sixth or seventh month of the Tibetan calendar.

The festival dates back to the 17th century as a religious occasion in which residents offered yogurt to monks who had finished their meditation retreats, said Tashi Palden, the deputy editor-in-chief of Tibet Daily.

With the theme of "Happy Lhasa, Beautiful Home" Nike Vapormax Off White , this year's festival will include events such as Tibetan opera, Buddha photo and Tibetan mask exhibitions, and long-distance hikes, according to the city government.

"Traditional Tibetan culture is magnificent in my eyes," said Wang Tianlu, a Hindi translator from China International Television. "I adore such traditional culture from the bottom of my heart."

HO CHI MINH CITY, Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam moved up one place to the 137th in the world Football Federation (FIFA) rankings for December Nike Vapormax Flyknit Triple Black , according to the Vietnam Football Federation on Friday.

Although losing to Malaysia in the semifinals at the Southeast Asian Football Championships or AFF Suzuki Cup, Vietnam still ranked second in Southeast Asia, behind the Philippines.

In Asia, Vietnam is placed in the 20th position.

The world's top three remained unchanged, namely Germany, Argentina, and Colombia.

Top Communist Party of China (CPC) and state leaders Xi Jinping Nike Vapormax Triple Black , Li Keqiang and Liu Yunshan meet delegates attending the 10th general congress of the Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) in Beijing, capital of China, May 5, 2015. (XinhuaLan Hongguang) The 10th general congress of the Red Cross Society of China opens at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, capital of China, May 5, 2015. (XinhuaWang Ye) Chinese Vice Premier Liu Yandong (R) addresses the opening ceremony of the 10th general congress of the Red Cross Society of China at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing Nike Vapormax Flyknit White , capital of China, May 5, 2015. The congress opened on Tuesday.(XinhuaWang Ye) Representatives receive awards at the 10th general congress of the Red Cross Society of China at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, capital of China, May 5, 2015. The congress opened on Tuesday. (XinhuaWang Ye) Hua Jianmin, president of the Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) Nike Vapormax White , presides over the 10th general congress of the RCSC at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, capital of China, May 5, 2015. The congress opened on Tuesday. (XinhuaWang Ye)

BEIJING, May 5 (Xinhua) -- President Xi Jinping on Tuesday called on the Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) to promote reform and innovation and give sincere care to people in need.

Xi made the remarks when meeting with representatives at the 10th general congress of the RCSC at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.

Hailing the RCSC as a bond linking the public with the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the government in the humanitarian field, Xi said the organization's role was highly valued.

He said that the humanitarian organization, founded in 1904 Nike Vapormax Flyknit Black , had played an important role in disaster rescue and relief, safeguarding people's health and promoting peace and progress of mankind.

The president urged Party committees and governments at all levels to give more support to RCSC missions and help the organization tackle challenges that have emerged in its development.

With support from the Party and government, and encouraged by the public, the RCSC will open a new chapter, according to Xi.

Top CPC and state leaders Li Keqiang and Liu Yunshan also attended the meeting.

Addressing the opening ceremony of the congress, vice Premier Liu Yandong urged the RCSC to be efficient and transparent in management so as to enhance its credibility.

Liu also called on the organizat.