WELLINGTON Air Vapormax Grey , May 15 (Xinhua) -- The New Zealand government is paying about 9 million NZ dollars (7.79 million U.S. dollars) every working day toward the rebuilding of earthquake-battered Christchurch and the surrounding Canterbury region, Finance Minister Bill English said Thursday.

Listing the reconstruction of New Zealand's second city as one of the government's four main priorities in his annual budget, English said the total cost of the rebuilding was estimated at 40 billion NZ dollars (34.66 billion U.S. dollars).

"On current estimates, the government's contribution to the rebuild is expected to be 15.4 billion NZ dollars (13.34 billion U. S. dollars)," English said in a published speech to Parliament.

"At the moment Air Vapormax Red , the government is paying an estimated 9 million NZ dollars every working day in rebuilding invoices," he said.

"Demolitions in the central city are nearing completion and buildings are going up."

Construction would proceed on a number of anchor projects this year, including the Justice and Emergency Services precinct valued at 300 million NZ dollars (259.98 million U.S. dollars), which began in January.

"The government is also on track to move 1,700 staff in about 20 government departments and agencies back into the central city in 2016 Air Vapormax Blue ," he said.

Christchurch was struck by a 7.1 magnitude quake on Sept. 4, 2010, which caused widespread damage but no casualties.

A 6.3-magnitude quake on Feb. 22, 2011 killed 185 people and the city has been shaken by thousands of smaller tremors since then.

MELBOURNE, Oct. 23 (Xinhua) -- Australia's Todd Sinnott led the first-round at the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship after a carefully-constructed opening 67 Air Vapormax Black , five-under par here on Thursday, followed by Chinese Guan Tianlang in carding a four-under 68 with five birdies and one bogey.

The 22-year-old Sinnott is renowned in elite amateur circles for his long hitting. However, he played the composite course at Royal Melbourne like an expert, deploying two irons off the tee and using his driver just twice.

"It's never an easy golf course in that if you get the ball on the wrong side of the hole, you're scrambling and you're working really hard to make pars Air Vapormax Off White , and sometimes you just can't make pars if you're in some spots out there," said Sinnott.

China's Guan is a stronger and better player than the 14-year-old who created world headlines in winning the Asia-Pacific Amateur two years ago.

Guan said he was flying the golf ball at least 20 yards farther than he could manage two years ago, and he is naturally a more mature 16-year-old.

"I think it (the win in 2012) changed my life a little bit, but I think I'm still doing my own thing, still on the right track Air Vapormax White ," he said. "I felt a lot better from the last couple months going into this tournament, so I think I will give a pretty good performance this week."

Australia's Antonio Murdaca, Chieh-Po Lee of Chiese Taipei, and Phongphun of Thailand got the third place as they all snatched a five-under 69.

Organised by the Asia Pacific Golf Confederation (APGC), the Masters Tournament and The R&A Air Vapormax 2018 , the AAC offers the winner an invitation to the Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. The champion and runner(s)-up earn spots in The Open Qualifying Series for The Open Championship.This week's AAC features 116 players from the APGC's 35 member associations.

The World Cup is the holy grail and Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are the prophets - it is not just a game for the hundreds of thousands of soccer fans heading for Brazil.

A growing body of scholars see soccer playing an under-appreciated role as keeper of society's well-being - providing a sense of identity with an almost religious role.

The late Liverpool manager Bill Shankly once said soccer is more important than "life and death". But Pele's "beautiful game" might also be providing a healthy outlet for tribalistic aggression.

"It provides you with an opportunity to side with your country without being violent to another. So in that way it does replace war," said David Ranc, a French sociologist who specializes in group identity in soccer.

"It is a non-violent way of resolving conflict ... and taking sides where there is not that much at stake."

Ahead of the June 12 start to the World Cup, fans are outfitting themselves with wigs, T-shirts and other regalia Air Vapormax Flyknit , and rehearsing the lyrics to patriotic anthems with an eye toward putting up a united national front either at home or in Brazil.

Rather than mere nationalistic zeal, the behavior might be symptomatic of a deeply entrenched desire to belong, the experts said.

"Identification with a sports team can provide people with an important identity prop ... a sense of belonging in what would otherwise be an isolated existence," according to Eric Dunning, a sports sociologist with the University of Leicester.

"It can help to give people a sense of continuity and purpose in contexts which are highly impersonal and beset by what many experience as a bewildering pace of change."

For some Air Vapormax , this can even take on religious overtones.

The new religion?

"The fans of a soccer team form a community of believers that is characterized by distinctively religious forms of behavior," sports sociologist Gunter Gebauer of the Free University of Berlin said.

It is not uncommon for fans to turn their bedrooms into soccer shrines, and "the saints are their team's players, for whom they will make harrowing pilgrimages".

Dunning said sport may have replaced some of the functions once performed by religion.

"It may in part be catering for a type of need which, for increasing numbers of people Nike Vapormax Grey , is not met elsewhere in the increasingly secular and scientific societies of our age," he writes in his book Sport Matters.

Despite high emotions, deep hostility to rival teams and the often c.